Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Blog Post 8- What is the most important thing you have learned during fieldwork observation? Why?

The most important thing that I have learned during fieldwork is classroom management. It has been interesting for me to look at the classroom that I have been working in and seeing things that will work for me and things that I think will not work for me. I believe this is the most important thing that I have taken away in my fieldwork because this is the foundation of everything that happens in the classroom. Respect must be established for the teacher and each individual student before any learning can take place. There also needs to be respect between the students so that there is a judgement free zone where students can feel safe and vulnerable, this is where the most learning can happen.

The other aspect of classroom management that I think is crucial is managing the classroom with a lot of different teaching philosophy's and styles. This is important so that you can find each style that your students need in order to learn the most. Bringing in the different styles like reading and discussing as a class and small groups, utilizing technology, using music and songs, different movements, and games will all be used to help each learning style. It is so amazing to see all the great new techniques that have come out and have been for the most part implemented in the classrooms since I last went to school. These kids and teachers have such an advantage with all the progress we have seen. I cant wait to figure out my teaching style and figure out what type of classroom management is going to work the best for me and my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment