Monday, May 20, 2019

Blog Post 3- What modifications for learners who are exceptional do you see?

In my observations this week in my time in class, it was interesting to see how much goes into these modifications for exceptional learners. Before I studied this information I didn't realize the purpose of all the different modifications that the teacher had in play in his classroom and in his teaching. He has a big exercise ball that he has some of the exceptional students sit on as a chair at different times in the day. They get to bounce as they do their work, this helps them concentrate on what they are working on. He also has different aides come into the classroom to change things up and make things interestingly different throughout the day. I see modifications to the normal learning where he adds in fun to the learning process whether it is a game or a song that he uses to help the students learn different things.

After learning about this and then talking to the teacher about his thought process and what he has learned over the years, it was amazing to see how much thought and time he had spent researching and trying different things in his classroom. The dedication to the children that I am seeing in the classrooms that I visit is inspiring to me as an aspiring teacher and as a mother of elementary age students. It is crazy to see how many students that may fall into some or all of the definition of exceptional students. I can see the importance of making many of these modifications as a big part of my teaching style.

No comments:

Post a Comment