Friday, May 24, 2019

Blog Post 4-What clerical and preparation responsibilities have you participated in?

Some of the clerical responsibilities that I have helped with in the classroom are grading math tests. I helped grade their final math assignment for the year. In addition, I helped with grading their math facts. They are asked to finish all of their multiplication and division math facts as they are timed for one minute for each number that they are on. Most of the students are on different stages of multiplication or division. It was interesting to see the wide range of levels of each student. It made me realize the importance of different types of assessments that I learned in class this week.

It was interesting to watch the different types of assessments and how they were administered after doing the module on assessments. I could see that the teacher was using a variety of assessments to meet the needs of all the children in his class. He did an interactive quiz on kahoot. He was reading the math test out loud to a student who struggles with reading. There was also testing being done on computers, and some being done by paper. I observed that the teacher was making different adjustments to assessing the children based on their needs. It really helped me to see all the different ways you can assess a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment